About hours back, Apple has released iOS 10.3.3 to the public to install on iPhone 5 and above, 4th generation iPad and up also with iPod Touch 6th Generation. Just as expected, it brings a number of fixes to the operating system including for the vulnerability that has allowed hackers to execute arbitrary code on the Wi-Fi chip. So if you think the waiting is over, here is how to Download and Install iOS 10.3.3 through both OTA and iTunes way on your device. Just as always, the software update is free to the user as a minor update focus fixes and slight improvements.
In compared to the usual beta testing of a minor firmware, iOS 10.3.3 can be taken as extensive. In fact, it has been testing for several weeks following 6 successful versions. And they all came in concern fixes and internal improvements to make the operating system stable rather than feature-rich. And among all of the fixes, update for the vulnerability in Wi-Fi chip is important as the original note of Apple itself.
Click Here to view the complete security content of iOS 10.3.3 as to Apple’s original note of release
Compatible Devices for iOS 10.3.3
- iPhone 5, iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- Latest iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- 9.7-inch/12.9-inch iPad Pro
- iPad Air 2 and iPad Air
- iPad 4
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3 and mini 2
- Latest iPod Touch 6th Generation
What should you Remember?
As prevention is always better rather than being sorry, make a complete backup of the iOS in prior making the installation of iOS 10.3.3. In fact, there could be some slight crashes in different to Device models for which making a backup comes compulsorily. So if something goes wrong, a quick restore will fix everything back. Then make sure to backup the device either through iCloud or iTunes.
A Note for Jailbreakers
As iOS 10.3.3 is just a minor update home to fixes, we do not recommend jailbreakers to make the update on devices that would trap you for no-jailbreak. In fact, we have not yet revealed any news of iOS 10.3.3 jailbreak which would come to a trouble in upgrading for jailbreakers. So until there is anything profitable, do not give up jailbreak rights taking latest update 10.3.3.
Install iOS 10.3.3 Over the Air
Although both OTA and iTunes meet in updating the software running, most prefer the OTA which has no PC troubles as well as time problems. It only required an active WiFi network connectivity to make the installation happen within a few minutes. But also remember to have sufficient power scale to prevent the software installation getting any interruptions.
Once you are agreed to the above facts, simply head the Settings app. Then follow General > Software Update and if it results in the latest 10.3.3 continue with Download and Install. While it takes several minutes for the download you will have to wait and then go on Install iOS 10.3.3 going well through the conditions and terms. So then confirm getting the update and wait until it finishes.
Note: If you take 10.3.3 in the purpose of Cydia Download in one day, make sure updating through iTunes. In fact, OTA has reported some troubles when jailbreaking which makes your attempts tiresome. So follow the Itunes way with the following steps
Download iOS 10.3.3 through iTunes
Make sure to be prepared with either Mac or Windows PC with installed latest iTunes version. And do not forget backup and having enough battery strength as well.
- Connect the device to either Windows or Mac with a proper USB
- Launch latest iTunes
- Click the device button in the interface
- Simply continue with “Check for Updates”
- If it results in iOS 10.3.3 as the latest, it can be downloaded and update your device automatically. But if it still shows 10.3.2 as latest, you need downloading the IPSW file of iOS 10.3.3 separately and make the installation as follows
- When downloading the IPSW file for the 10.3.3 you need taking it with respect to the device model
- If done, again go with “check for updates”, holding the Shift key in Windows or the optional key in Mac
- Follow the screen options respectively as “Update” and “Next”
- Go through the terms and conditions of the software update and confirm the installation
- iTunes will then move the downloaded file. So extract the firmware file and follow screen instructions for the processing
- Now all done and have to wait until iTunes install the update correctly. When it comes with Hello screen you can set as the previous with restoring the data from the backups
Video Guide to iOS 10.3.3
I hope you caught the correct way of Download and Install iOS 10.3.3 latest. So enjoy all changes and improved iOS run.