Drawing a happy ending for all wait, we can now find the first ever iOS 11 Jailbreak in the public. The tool dubbed “LiberiOS” and guarantees to work for iOS 11.o to iOS 11.1.2. It is going to support all 64-bit devices including iPhone X, iPhone 8 and also 8 Plus. So let us now take a look at what it all takes together with how to process on making Cydia through for the iteration iOS 11 marked debut in past September.
Jailbreak LiberiOS could probably be based on tfp0 exploit by Ian Beer or async wake vulnerability which was also recently been released. And soon once the exploits are publicized, there were rumors about many talented individuals to get work with a new jailbreak progress including the developer Jonathan Levin who has now made LiberiOS jailbreak, the first iOS 11 jailbreak to the public.
About LiberiOS iOS 11 Jailbreak
Just as expected, the powerful exploiting by Ian Beer has made true the expectation of Jailbreak iOS 11. But for the moment, it lacks the entry to Cydia and Substrate support from which you can install Cydia tweaks and various packages to the device for all advancements. However, this could be a matter of time as Saurik must be still in progress of Cydia Download iOS 11 for a version completely supported by iOS 11 firmware.
In concerning the jailbreak compatibility, you should strictly make a note that new iOS 11 jailbreak only adds support to 64-bit devices running iOS 11 to iOS 11.1.2. So it has dropped support for the immediate version iOS 11.2 and now latest iOS 11.2.1 as well. In that way, you can jailbreak LiberiOS on iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, 6 Plus, 6s Plus, iPhone 7, 7 Plus, iPhone 8, 8 Plus and flagship iPhone X And also all 64-bit iPad models and 6th generation iPod Touch are too here fortunate to take the first approach to jailbreak latest iOS 11.
How to Jailbreak iOS 11?
The jailbreak is again a semi-untethered one that takes the IPA and sideloaded through Cydia impactor. So you are required of the followings to get prepared for the processing properly.
- Supported device
- LiberiOS jailbreak from the official website
- Cydia impactor tool download
- Latest Apple’s iTunes
- A Desktop either running Mac OS or Windows
- Apple ID to use in the signing (we recommend you for a secondary Apple ID)
- Step 1: Download Cydia impactor and the IPA on the Windows of Mac running PC
- Step 2: Connect the device to the PC while sideloading the IPA
- Step 3: Launch Cydia impactor and drag the IPA
- Step 4: When required, enter Apple ID and password and let IPA get signed through the Cydia impactor
- Step 5: When LiberiOS is installed, you should go to device’s Settings > General > Device Management and trust the app from there
- Step 6: Then go the jailbreak app from the Home screen and continue with “Do it”
- Step 7: So in a few minutes later, it will show up as “It worked” showing the success in jailbreak
As every semi-untethered jailbreak worked so far, this will too come under rebooting conditions and expiration. So in every 7 days later, you will have to resign the jailbreak to keep the device jailbroken. And with every boot you made on the device, you will have to do the same as rebooting drops your device back to the none-jailbroken state.
For making the successful approach to iOS 11 Jailbreak, we should give all thanks to Jonathan Levin. And for all effort at exploiting we give our sincere thanks to developer Ian Beer.